I’m excited to share a podcast I have been working on with
David Skok, The Logic and CIGI called Big Tech. The goal is to have longform conversations about tech, society and democracy from a combined journalist (Dave) & academic (me) perspective. For each episode, I am also writing a column exploring the topic we discussed. We have lined up a remarkable group of guests and can’t wait to share the conversations every two weeks. You can subscribe here.
- Episode 1: Rana Foroohar, On How Tech Lost Its Way
- Column 1: What Rana Foroohar’s Reporting Taught Us about Technology and Democracy
- Episode 2: Kate Klonik, On Facebook’s Oversight Board
- Column 2: Why an Oversight Board Alone Can’t Moderate the World’s Content
- Episode 3: David Carroll On the Dark Side of Digital Advertising
- Column 3: What We Know — and Don’t Know — about Microtargeting and Its Influence on Political Behaviour